On today’s episode, Wendy & Terry discuss that it is okay to do things differently within our parenting walks. As parents, it is our job to decide what aligns with our souls & conscience in terms of raising the children who have been entrusted to us. Positive parenting believes that connected, responsive relationships are key, but this style can be very counter-cultural.
It can be challenging to stay the course when we are feeling judged or like we are living this lifestyle on our own. This episode focuses on how to shift our mindset away from insecurity to one that is bold & proud to stand up for the type of parenting that aligns with our hearts. People who are brave enough to go against the grain & stand up for their core values can change the world for the better!
Specifically, Wendy & Terry touch on three points that will speak to parents who need encouragement when it comes to living out the positive parenting lifestyle with confidence:
- Saying “no” to what might be more culturally acceptable means saying “yes” to your core values & moral compass
- This often means taking the road less traveled & being patient with a longer process – there aren’t any quick fixes in parenting!
- Model to your children (& others!) how you want them to behave – instead of telling your kids what to do, show them how to be
- Get plugged into a supportive community
- This can be online if there aren’t other likeminded parents where you live – embrace technology!
- Enhancing & strengthening your relationship within your own family unit is top priority
- How to think differently & understanding that “different” is not “bad”
- When feeling discouraged, recall people in history who you admire who thought differently & changed the world for the better (example: MLK Jr.)
- Being brave enough to parent with mutual respect, kindness, firmness & great boundaries will create a legacy for future generations
Mentioned in this Episode:
- Fresh Start Family Online
- Your Infinite Life Training & Coaching Program
- FSF Show Episode 11
- FREE Power Struggles Masterclass
FREE Online Master Class: NAVIGATING POWER STRUGGLES: WHAT TO DO WHEN YOUR KIDS SAY NO!
5 Positive Parenting Tips to Help Gain Cooperation & Dissolve Power Struggles with Integrity
Topics covered will include:
- How to gently guide your kids towards action, even when they don’t want to move or do what’s asked of them
- Ways to see kids who push back a lot as incredible blessings & future leaders
- The importance of paradigm shifting with thoughts & beliefs about power seeking misbehavior
- How to implement a Pause Button or Heart Connector to ignite creativity & model self-control
Click HERE to save your spot now!