On today’s episode Wendy & Terry interview “Mama Marlaine” Cover, a social entrepreneur who supports professional education for life skills used daily.
After having children and facing life-threatening depression as a young adult, Mama Marlaine realized that she did not have the life skills she needed to live a healthy life. This is how her idea for the Life Skills Report Card was born. There are certain skills that every human being uses everyday of their entire life & these are the skills that we should focus on teaching the next generation. Instead of assuming that life skills will only be taught at home, by parents, we must embrace the idea of having professionals teach these skills to our children.
- Shine a bright light on life skills that are needed daily (such as social emotional literacy) and therefore warrant education from third party professionals instead of relying on parents to teach these skills to their children
- Support life skills professionals who are blazing new trails for high quality education in these skills that matter most over one’s entire life
- Supporting life skills professionals to connect & collaborate with one another
On today’s episode Wendy, Terry & Mama Marlaine discuss three main points regarding life skills:
- The difference between Parenting 1.0 versus Parenting 2.0
- Parenting 1.0 is the idea that our only teachers for emotional literacy and other necessary life skills are taught to us by our own parents, regardless of how well equipped they are to teach these life skills
- Parenting 2.0 recognizes the role of every adult as part of the parental generation
- The definition of life skills
- Skills that every single human being learns by default
- Why life skills merit proactive education from qualified professionals
- It’s impossible to teach what one doesn’t know
Mentioned in this Episode:
- Fresh Start Family Online
- FSF’s Membership Program – The Bonfire
- FSF’s Positive Parenting Course – The Foundations Course
- Connect with Mama Marlaine & The Parenting 2.0 Community:
Would you love to yell, threaten & bribe your kids less, & connect more? Interested in learning new phrases that will make your kids listen better & cooperate more?
FREE Online Master Class: NAVIGATING POWER STRUGGLES: WHAT TO DO WHEN YOUR KIDS SAY NO!
5 Positive Parenting Tips to Help Gain Cooperation & Dissolve Power Struggles with Integrity
Topics covered will include:
- How to gently guide your kids towards action, even when they don’t want to move or do what’s asked of them
- Ways to see kids who push back a lot as incredible blessings & future leaders
- The importance of paradigm shifting with thoughts & beliefs about power seeking misbehavior
- How to implement a Pause Button or Heart Connector to ignite creativity & model self-control
Click HERE to save your spot now!
To learn more about Mama Marlaine, click HERE