On today’s show, Wendy and Terry interview their dear friend & mentor, Dan Sivils, who is a senior instructor and life coach with Your Infinite Life Training and Coaching Company.
In this episode Wendy, Terry, and Dan discuss resistance, which happens when someone hinders their personal growth & development. Everyone experiences resistance at some point in their life. Their conversation specifically digs deeper into the resistance that can arise when we want to learn new things or make a change within our parenting journey.
On today’s episode 4 topics on resistance are covered:
- What to do if you are experiencing resistance?
- Maintaining the status quo often feels safe even when it’s ineffective
- If you resist growth & change, you sacrifice the depth of your relationships; however, a willingness to be vulnerable leads to being more effective & impactful
- The things in life that are the most important to learn are going to create resistance; this means that each new phase of parenthood will bring up resistance
- When this natural resistance rises up you can:
- Identify how your body feels
- Allow your body to feel those feelings
- Accept yourself & your feelings before focusing on change & new ideas
- What to do if someone you love is experiencing resistance?
- Your goal in learning should be to change your own life, not teach your loved one something new (this can lead to feelings of unworthiness on their part)
- You can invite loved ones to experience growth with you (classroom setting, watching a lesson together, etc.) but you must be okay with them declining
- We must remember the importance of loving (& liking!) our loved ones just the way they are – nobody is perfect
- The importance of paradigm shifting
- Realizing that we can only change ourselves
- Focusing on our own growth instead of what needs to change in others while practicing unconditional love
- Finding humor in hard situations
- Discovering strengths inside of hardships
- How opening up & being in learning can positively impact all areas of our lives
- You can be happy without needing the world around you to be different
Mentioned in this Episode:
- Fresh Start Family Online
- FSF’s Membership Program – The Bonfire
- FSF’s Positive Parenting Course – The Foundations Course
- Your Infinite Life Training & Coaching Program
- Dan’s Website
Raising A Strong Willed, Intense or Sensitive Child? If yes, I have a FREE guide for you!
This free planning worksheet will give you ways to build connection & ideas on how to work WITH them instead of trying to change them. Click HERE to get your free worksheet now.
To learn more about Dan Sivils, click HERE.