On today’s episode Wendy & Terry interview Sonnet & Veronica, two friends & new moms who have created a podcast together called Not Your Mother’s Podcast. Their show includes authentic conversations & offer insights & solutions into the unspoken world of parenthood … basically stuff people don’t usually talk about when raising kids, but things that are on everybody’s hearts & minds!
Three “unspokens” of parenthood that Wendy, Terry, Sonnet & Veronica discussed were:
- Gender roles in parenting
- The importance of honest communication with your spouse about roles, responsibilities & running a family together
- Being a great role model to your children of what a balanced home looks like
- Equalizing & respecting all sides of the family workload – each spouse has their own journey
- Getting rid of the “scorecard” mentality between spouses
- Giving space to your partner to be their own parent
- Asking for help from your spouse before overwhelm set in & then allow your spouse to do things in their own way
- Letting go of control so that responsibilities around the home can be be shared without critique or judgement
- Focusing on figuring parenthood out together with your spouse by keeping the lines of communication open & connected
- The new generation of men who are involved in parenting
- Valuing & empowering both spouses equally, remembering that parenthood is a partnership
- Celebrating men who step up to the plate & embrace their role as present, involved “rad dads”
- We live in a society with changing roles that should be applauded & supported – investing in our family is key
Mentioned in this Episode:
- Fresh Start Family Online
- FSF’s Membership Program – The Bonfire
- FSF’s Positive Parenting Course – The Foundations Course
- Connect with Sonnet & Veronica:
Raising A Strong Willed, Intense or Sensitive Child? If yes, I have a FREE guide for you!
This free planning worksheet will give you ways to build connection & ideas on how to work WITH them instead of trying to change them. Click HERE to get your free worksheet now.