As parents, we all want to raise happy and healthy kids. Fathers often raise kids in a much different way than moms. Though their approach isn’t always appreciated and sometimes misinterpreted by their partners, dads are always doing their best in their own ways.
In this episode, we’ve got Terry and parenting expert Jim Jackson of Connected Families to talk about how to navigate doubts and triggers for dads. We’re also going to talk about the idea of paradigm shifts, how to achieve great communication with your kids, and how to be on the same page with your partner.
Jim and Terry will also talk about what the word “work” really means for dads, how to apply scriptures in your parenting, and ultimately connect with your children!
Get 15% OFF from Jim & Lynn’s course by using the CODE: freshstart and learn more about the discipline that connects with your child’s heart! Click www.freshstartfamilyonline.com/connectedfamilies
Topics we discuss in this episode:
- Why Jim is very passionate about teaching parents the Biblical-based parenting
- The ideas of a paradigm shift and developing a new paradigm for parents
- How great communication happens between your kid, spouse or family member
- Redefining what the word work means
- What happens when you’re disconnected with your spouse
- What it means to be on the same page with your spouse
- How can you honor each other’s differences?
- What are the things you hold true to yourself as a father?
- Aligning and connecting your good intentions, what you know and the messages you want your kids to get from you
- Applying Romans 4:2 – ‘The goodness of God leads you to repentance’ to parenting
- Our greatest currency for influence in our kids lives
Mentioned in this Episode:
- Connect with Jim
What if you could be an effective, firm & kind parent WITHOUT relying on fear, force, bribery & rewards?
Imagine learning a new way of firm (AND kind) parenting so you can end painful generational parenting cycles and create family legacies & memories YOU are proud of?
All while getting your kids to cooperate with your rules and boundaries with ease.
Parenting your kids with calm & confidence each day in a way that causes them to do what’s asked of them because they WANT to (not because they HAVE to) … because you’re helping to build essential life skills that have them behaving well & being respectful when you’re NOT looking!
The Firm & Kind Parenting Blueprint is your step by step plan & video training to help you build the family of your dreams. Click HERE to learn more now!
If you have a question, comment or a suggestion about today’s episode, or the podcast in general, send me an email at [email protected] or connect with me over on Facebook @freshstartfamily & Instagram @freshstartwendy.