On today’s show, Wendy and Terry bring back their dear friend & mentor Pam Dunn, the owner of Your Infinite Life Training and Coaching Company, to discuss how to hold space in order to increase our empathy skills (and have more peace, joy & connection in our daily lives).
Pam was first on the podcast in episode 4 to discuss influencing skills & again in episode 11 to discuss self reliance skills. Do yourself a favor & go back to listen to those episodes – you will quickly realize that Pam is a wealth of knowledge who is full of wisdom and compassion!
Have you heard of the concept of holding space? Quite literally, it means holding a space to pause & be present, regardless of what is occurring around you. It requires a sense of being, along with a open hearted mindset.
Holding space is about being fully present, without judgement AND the only way to reach this place is by acknowledging where we are judging ourselves or others.
Holding space is the most important when we’re feeling challenged & triggered. Holding space is for the other person, and also equally for yourself – especially in moments of tension when it’s easier to defend, react, or run away.
Wendy, Terry, & Pam define the practice of “holding space” & how to do it throughout this episode:
- Holding space takes lots & lots of practice!
- Holding space can only happen when you acknowledge all parts of you & all judgements in the present moment
- Being present means being a good listener even when you aren’t happy with what’s going on.
- Holding space is the key element to:
- deescalating fights & disagreements
- creating closeness & self-love
- accessing creativity for solutions
Mentioned in this Episode:
- Fresh Start Family Online
- FSF’s Membership Program – The Bonfire
- FSF’s Positive Parenting Course – The Foundations Course
- FSF Show Episode 4
- FSF Show Episode 11
- Connect with Pam Dunn
- Your Infinite Life Training & Coaching Program
- Communication Mastery
- Freedom to Be – The YIL course that changed Wendy’s life!
FREE Online Master Class: NAVIGATING POWER STRUGGLES: WHAT TO DO WHEN YOUR KIDS SAY NO!
5 Positive Parenting Tips to Help Gain Cooperation & Dissolve Power Struggles with Integrity
Topics covered will include:
- How to gently guide your kids towards action, even when they don’t want to move or do what’s asked of them
- Ways to see kids who push back a lot as incredible blessings & future leaders
- The importance of paradigm shifting with thoughts & beliefs about power seeking misbehavior
- How to implement a Pause Button or Heart Connector to ignite creativity & model self-control
Click HERE to save your spot now!