Is it really possible to raise kids who don’t rebel? Today’s guest is proof that it is possible, so tune in as she shares practical, research-backed techniques ensuring that rebellion doesn’t have to be a part of your family’s legacy!
Rebecca Lindenbach is an author and blogger dedicated to helping people challenge the status-quo and find their unique calling in Christ. This episode is lighthearted, funny, and also really important for all parents to take to heart. No matter the age of your kids, you are sure to walk away feeling encouraged!
Rebecca currently works with her mom, Sheila Gregoire, who has been blogging at To Love, Honor, and Vacuum for over 10 years. She is also the author of the book Why I Didn’t Rebel (2017) and is currently working on two more books. Rebecca has been married for 5 years and has a baby boy.
Today, Wendy, Terry, & Rebecca discuss six ways to raise kiddos who don’t rebel:
- Find a middle ground between too firm & too permissive:
- Aim for balance instead of having too many rules or too much freedom (authoritative vs. authoritarian or permissive)
- Be willing to negotiate boundaries / use conflict negotiation with your children – when kids understand the rules, they respect them more & feel valued
- Aim for transparency:
- Be willing to recognize & apologize to your children when you mess up
- Your willingness to be honest will teach your children how to take responsibility for their own mistakes
- Practice sharing daily with everyone in the family – 1 thing you’re proud of & 1 area where you made a misstep
- Focus on what you want instead of what you don’t want:
- What you fear that your kids might do often becomes what they think you believe that they will do
- Your kids want your good regard & your trust
- Be a respectful, firm, & kind leader – not an autocratic dictator:
- Be the type of leader that your children want to respect
- Have confidence in your kids instead of fear & doubt:
- Rebellion can become a self fulfilling prophecy – what you believe for your kids will come to fruition
- Prioritize relationship over rules:
- Let your kids know you as a person, not just as a parent
- Be a friend to your children!
Mentioned in this Episode:
- Fresh Start Family Online
- Connect with Rebecca Lindenbach
- Buy her Book: Why I Didn’t Rebel
FREE Online Master Class: NAVIGATING POWER STRUGGLES: WHAT TO DO WHEN YOUR KIDS SAY NO!
5 Positive Parenting Tips to Help Gain Cooperation & Dissolve Power Struggles with Integrity
Topics covered will include:
- How to gently guide your kids towards action, even when they don’t want to move or do what’s asked of them
- Ways to see kids who push back a lot as incredible blessings & future leaders
- The importance of paradigm shifting with thoughts & beliefs about power seeking misbehavior
- How to implement a Pause Button or Heart Connector to ignite creativity & model self-control
Click HERE to save your spot now!