Don’t we all want more joy in our family lives? How about the kind of joy that starts at home & then overflows into our careers & the way we show up in the world?
If the sound of increased joy has you intrigued, listen in to this lighthearted episode that will have you laughing & nodding along in agreement!
Wendy & Terry interview Richard & Rachel Van Kluyve of the Crate & Cottage blog. Rich and Rachel met & fell in love when they were teenagers & they currently live in Nashville with their two sons.
The Van Kluyve’s spend most of their days homeschooling and running their business. They found their passion in real estate and have grown a successful company that flips, builds, and finds investment properties.
Rachel has taken the role as interior designer for their properties (and their home is straight from a magazine!)
Her book, She Made Herself A Home, is BEAUTIFUL & teaches readers how to use intention behind the design in each room of their house, to truly turn it into a home.
Today the Snyders & the Van Kluyve’s explore 3 Ways to experience joy in family life that spills over into all other areas of life:
- Be present with your family
- Put yourself aside for a moment in order to connect with your kids
- Connect in your marriage
- Be deliberate to make time & room for each other, separate from your kids
- Pour into your individuality
- When we let our dreams & goals unlock our passion & purpose, we won’t lose ourselves in the chaos of everyday life
Mentioned in this Episode:
- Fresh Start Family Online
- FSF’s Membership Program – The Bonfire
- FSF’s Positive Parenting Course – The Foundations Course
- Connect with the Van Kluyve’s
- Website: Crate and Cottage
- Rachel’s book: She Made Herself a Home
- Other Resources:
- Thrive Market – Online Grocer – Use this link for 25% off your first order
- The Balanced Life Online Pilates Membership Program – Use code Wendy20 to save $20 off your first month’s membership
Raising A Strong Willed, Intense or Sensitive Child? If yes, I have a FREE guide for you!
This free planning worksheet will give you ways to build connection & ideas on how to work WITH them instead of trying to change them. Click HERE to get your free worksheet now.