Maybe you’ve found yourself suddenly homeschooling your children due to the current pandemic, or perhaps it’s a lifestyle your family has intentionally chosen.
Either way, we know that this topic is important to all parents right now & today we’ve got you covered!
Tune in as Wendy chats with Fresh Start Family’s Community Manager, Sarah Quail. Not only does Sarah work for FSF, but she’s also a military wife & homeschooling mama of 3 kiddos (ages 7, 5, & 3)!
Even if homeschooling isn’t in your plans for the long-term future, this episode applies to all parents who want to feel proud of how they work together with their kiddos on a daily basis.
Not only is this episode is full of tactical tips, but also loads of encouragement…because everyone can use an extra dose of that these days!
Specifically, Wendy & Sarah discuss 5 ways to homeschool with integrity while juggling ALL.the.things:
- Stock up on Grace:
- Parents should first acknowledge that holding the education of their children in their hands (whether they have chosen this path, or if its been dropped in their laps) is daunting!
- This experience looks different for every family & there is no perfect homeschool scenario
- A Strong Intention:
- You get to decide & focus on your families values & how you’d like to teach them to your kids
- Get clear on what you & your family desires from this experience (everyone’s input matters!)
- Take Control:
- Think outside the box of “traditional” school & focus on each child’s individual needs
- Be creative – teach through getting outside in nature, cooking, playing games, using social/emotional skills to work out conflicts, etc. And don’t forget the importance of taking breaks!
- Create Schedules & Make Agreements:
- Make all expectations & limits very clear
- Check out Firm & Kind Parenting Blueprint to help create agreements & logical consequences
- Deal with Sibling Drama:
- Seek support on coaching your children to work out their differences on their own
- Nurture the sibling relationship & take time to notice how siblings begin to form a close bond (even though they will continue to argue with one another!)
Mentioned in this Episode:
- Fresh Start Family Online
- FSF’s Membership Program – The Bonfire
- FSF’s Positive Parenting Course – The Foundations Course
- Read Sarah’s Testimony
- Chrissy Power’s Sure, Babe Podcast
- Your Infinite Life Training & Coaching Program
- Homeschooling Resources: